Dallas Stars Podcast @ www.dallasstarspodcast.com
For the Fans, By the Fans
Scooter & The Wall podcast a weekly show at DallasStarsPodcast.com. Between shows they and their blogging team will post periodic blogs here to fill in the quiet time. Want to join the Scooter & The Wall's blog team? This blog is read by many of the Dallas Stars Podcast listeners and we're looking for regular contributors. Let us know you're interested and we'll consider bringing you on board!
HomePodcastsOur MusicPhoto GalleryThe FansLinksAbout UsContact Us

Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Great practice in Frisco .

Yesterday I returned from Our Dallas Stars’ practice in Frisco . I took many pictures and had a great time (If you would like to see all the pictures I took , you will need to go to http://myspace.com/dallasstars247365/ and click on my pics) .
I was very fortunate in the fact that not only was I able to see Our Stars practice , but all of the players took their time with all the fans and signed everything that they asked them to . I thanked them all for doing so profusely , even though I only asked Stephane Robidas , Brad Richards , Johan Holmqvist and Tobey Petersen to sign things for me . Even the lately sulky Sergei Zubov signed things (he has not done that since he was injured) .
The best part of the time I spent out there was really with other fans . I had the pleasure of meeting Justin who came down from Canada to visit Our Dallas Stars and go to the game on March 9th . He had a very busy trip scheduled and I truly hope that he has a great time here in Texas .
I also met Andy (not Mohawk Andy) out there and we talked and took some really great pictures . We had a great time and he had every player sign his hockey stick that he bought . He could not have picked a better day to go out to a Stars’ practice .
I was very shocked and surprised to meet up with That Zany Lady . We talked for almost half of the practice . We had a wonderful time and I really am looking forward to our next conversation . If you do not know her , you are truly missing out . She is probably one of the most hockey-intelligent people (and for that matter just plain intelligent people) I have ever had the pleasure of knowing . If you do not know something about hockey or if you have forgotten , she probably knows all about it or can remember it from reading it somewhere . Kudos to you , Zany . I am impressed .
The practice itself was very good . Our Dallas Stars ran through what seemed like full-contact drills . I honestly have not seen them run through drills like that for a long time . They rattled the boards and a couple of times a few players were up-ended . THAT I had NEVER seen in a practice . Our Dallas Stars looked sharp and they were in good spirits . The practice makes me look forward to the game tomorrow .
Originally I had decided to go out to the Stars’ Center only to have my wife’s newly purchased jersey personalised with Stephane Robidas’ name and number . When I walked into the Stars Stuff shop , he was walking in from the other side of the store . I laughed and said good morning . I then explained what I was doing . He told me thank you for choosing his name and number . He did seem very pleased . I asked that if I stuck around after the practice , if he would sign it for my wife . He said he would be glad to . So , I waited and he was happy to see that I had kept my word . I also had explained to him that my wife chose him because he is probably the most unsung hero on the team . He was very flattered .
If you have not gone out to a practice and you have the ability to do so , I suggest going . It is truly a wonderful time .

No comments: